Our local supermarket has frozen food on sale, 40-50 percent off, on Wednesdays. Since Motherhood began, I have become a faithful buyer of the frozen rather than a frantic cutter of the fresh vegetable.
Today, as our freezer was nearly bare, I told Baby Jun how FUN it would be to ride to the store in her stroller, rather than be carried in the sling, and made my way to THE supermarket. Yes! 40% off! I hid the stroller in a cubby area at the top of the stairs (no elevator), grabbed my bag and baby and went down the escalator to the mini grocery carts with seats for kids. I say mini, but they are SOOOOoooo wide, I feel like I am driving a Mac truck. Jun can't even reach the things on the shelves, yet.
I headed straight for the frozen food section and nearly filled my basket - mini basket, remember - with frozen veggies and some "sorry dear, no leftovers from supper for your lunch, so how about I nuke some of this salty greasy fried chicken for you." Then I carried Jun and the two bags of groceries up the escalator and over to the "hidden" stroller. Jun grabbed a hold of me with both hands, so the groceries went in the stroller and Jun in the sling, and we made our way home. Jun so kindly helped me push the stroller, so the walk was a little longer than usual.
When we got to the front of our apartment we greeted the folks who own the boutique across the street. The wife and I commented on the nice weather. I said how much I LOVE fall, and she said, "Yes! The seasonal food in the fall is so delicious."
Uhm. Well. Yes, I am sure it is. And I am sure it is not found in the frozen food section of THE local supermarket.

No comments:
Post a Comment