Each day they sing this song:
Do the monkey.
Do the twist.
Do the walk walk walk and STOP
Do the thriller,
Do the fly.
Come on baby, it's dancing time.
I was like, HUH? DO the Monkey. When did "Monkey" become a dance? I was alright with the Twist. But, again, Do the WALK? Could be interpreted various ways. I especially liked "Do the Thriller". Now, THAT is a word I try to make sure my pre-school kids learn! Lastly, Do the Fly. Well, when fly (preceded by the word "the") is a noun, I can only imagine myself trying to KILL it. I kept thinking, "What a LAME song! Why?!" This is always a good question, I guess, even when it deals with English.
Have you caught on yet? Why this song is sung DAILY????? The beginning sound of each of the words, monkey, twist, walk, thriller, and fly correspond with the beginning sounds of the days of the week. Now I got you! I laid in bed trying to think of something better for Thursday than Thriller, and just gave up. Jun and I "Thriller" now with the best of them.
Today was "FLY", and Jun and I flew all day. Picking up my visa extension, picking up the best scones in the WORLD, running home for lunch and a nap. Mama helping Auntie Kaoru with the English part of her Japanese text, Mama getting a great and much needed massage, and Mama teaching a kid's English class. When Mama came home, tired and hungry, Auntie Kaoru made her delicious soup and helped feed Jun. We are really blessed!
Thanksgiving: I am really thankful for our Chinese masseuse. Not only is he great, and not only does he give me a great discount, I just enjoy talking to another foreigner about the States, Japan, China, etc. We have found such interesting and great friends in so many different places. And, yes, Mom. I told him you were coming!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment