Sunday, December 2, 2007

Eighth Floor Library

Well, after posting daily throughout the month of November, I let my computer sit cold over the weekend. Not for any other reason than THIS!!! Our new public library opened up in the new department store. Yes, I said Department Store. There is a grocery floor in the basement, a theater, sports gym, a public library, a Community Center, and a space they use to practice karate!

Well, the library has some books in ENGLISH! Friends, family, and strangers - I sure do love to READ!!! I looked through the English shelves and tried to estimate how long it will take me to get through all of them. Sadly, I will probably be high and dry before I wish I were. I got an eclectic selection. A mystery, a book of Shakespeare - hopefully written so little kids can understand it - so maybe I can too, and the first book of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House series. Haven't read those books in forever.

They also have kids books. I got a board book on Christmas for Jun. It ends with the words "the Son of God was born." It was just what I was looking for! Now to preserve it's life for the next two weeks!

4 comments:

illahee said...

hey, i see you won a prize from nablopomo!!! congrats! :D

Kim said...

Really? How do I find out about it?

Friar Tuck said...

The library department store combo seems kinda crazy!

rubyslipperlady said...

I've quit taking my computer home every night so that I read more and I'm loving it! Right now I'm reading Unbowed by Wangari Maathai, a prominant Kenyan female politician.

It's a memoir.
http://www.amazon.com/Unbowed-Memoir-Vintage-Wangari-Maathai/dp/0307275205/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201243725&sr=8-1