I found myself standing at the fridge this morning, "pouring" milk into Baby Doll's bottle, at the demand of her mother, Jun. I properly warmed it under hot running water, tested the temperature on my wrist, gave it a good shake for good measure, and handed it back to Mama Jun. Then, we burped Baby Doll, and I found myself changing her diaper and putting her pajamas on her. Didn't I "graduate" from most of this already? I had to smile!
A little bit later, three generations of our family, me, Mama Jun and Baby Doll, were sitting on the sofa, singing "Jun Christine" and "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" to put Baby Doll to sleep. And I flashed forward, desperately counting the years. I so hope I will have the pleasure of helping Jun take care of her own baby someday. I had to cry.

2 comments:
that's really sweet! lovey mommy
Kim- You are such a sweet & loving mommie! I'm not their mom, but have 3 little guys in my life. The 2 older ones & I play Mama, Papa & little son all the time. It's great training for them- teaching them what it is to be loving & caring papas. It's a privilege to sow into their lives. May God give you great return on your sowing of love. Tammy
Post a Comment