Jun and I were eating a snack this morning when I heard on the American Forces Network radio news about Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest daughter's death. Steven is a very well known Christian recording artist. When we were looking into adoption, I found that Steven and his wife were adopting from China. Their youngest daughter from China was killed in a car accident.
I cried when I heard the news, and then sobbed, holding my own dear Jun, while I listened to the recording I found on the Internet of the song Cinderella, which was inspired by his little girls. I hope you will take a minute to listen to the song, and read why he wrote it.
Once again I decided to try to live at Jun's pace, rather than my own. To sit and look at rocks. To pull each petal off a daisy. To go up and DOWN the stairs, letting Jun DO IT by herself. To let her push the stroller all the way home. To take an hour to get to and home from the veggie shop that is a two minute walk away.
I want more memories than regrets. I want to be there for ALL of Jun's tomorrows! And I am thankful that Jesus loves her even more than I or her Daddy will ever ever be able to.

1 comment:
Kim-- Beautifully put! Sorry to hear about the death... but happy you are living to have no regrets. May it be so.
Post a Comment