Monday, September 8, 2008

31st Cup

Not that I don't have MUCH more important things spinning around in my mind, but...I tend to run from stress by figuring out things that are pretty much unrelated to the source(s) of the stress.

For instance, I have been wondering why our 5 kilos of rice doesn't last the two weeks I expect it to. I always expect it to and it always runs out early. So, I got out my kitchen scale (a must when making baked goods using a Japanese recipe. They weigh EVERYTHING.), and weighed a cup (rice cooker cup) of rice. It weighs 160 gms. More or less. So, 5 kilos by 160 grams, I have 31 cups of rice to cook for two weeks. If I cook three cups a night, for dinner and Ryu's lunch the next day, on Mon, Tues, Wed. and Thurs, and only two cups for dinner on Friday and one cup on Sunday night for lunch on Monday, we will be in good shape for two weeks.

I used up our 31st cup tonight. Forgot that Ryu wasn't coming home for dinner and is off tomorrow, so doesn't need an obento (lunch box) for lunch tomorrow. Oh well. Maybe we will have it for breakfast.

I need to find a more productive way of dealing with stress.

No comments: