Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Last Day of November!

I have sure enjoyed blogging each day this month! I don't think I have missed any days. This was my second year to be part of Na....I can never remember the name, but...it is FUN! (As my friend, Abigail said, not fun in the Japanese sense of the word. It took me about 3-4 days to figure THAT one out! Maybe you will do better.)

This has been a fun month. I have done crocheting, have cucumbers in the fridge trying to turn into dill pickles - if it works, I'll post about it, made crystallized ginger - boy, that is spicy!, cleaned a few areas of the house that have been calling my name, and am inspired to do more! Have a bookshelf that resembles a bookshelf again - thanks to book adopters and the local library. Enjoyed my friend's visit after...how many years? We gave up trying to figure that one out. Reminisced about my trips to Ukraine and Russia. Got connected to the PAST through Facebook. What a nice and strange feeling to be in contact with people again after so many years. And...am re-reading "The Proper Care and Feeding of a Husband" which is always a nice welcome kick in the tail to get my act together - and it is getting better - my act, that is.

So, while I have spent the weekend coughing and coughing with my second cold of the last 3 weeks, I am feeling very happy and thankful! Thanks for reading and being a part of my November!

Grandpa and Grammy are very interested in what the shortest member of the family is doing, so hopefully she will get on the computer in December and share about her experiences in the US. But, I won't let her have ALL the computer time!!!

2 comments:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Oooh, oooh, I want that crystallized ginger recipe! I've got a recipe for hot spiced coffee that calls for that, but I've never been able to find that kind of ginger.

illahee said...

congratulations!!

i think you've blogged every day this month. fingers crossed you win something again this year!!