I have some stories to post, but wanted to check in and say that we got back home to Japan safely!
I am nearly done with jet lag. Jun is not, it seems. That is where the pins, needles and eggshells come in. Our happy little girl has been "Mama, up!" and crying all week. I keep feeling her forehead in hopes of a physical reason, but, alas - or thankfully, nothing there. She has taken some awesome naps and still falls asleep minutes after hitting the pillow at night. Often crying that she is "tired!" But, if she doesn't stay up for awhile, at least, she will never get over jet lag, and NEVER stop waking up at 4 am. And, I want her to stop waking up at 4 am!
I am so thankful that Ryu has been home this week. It halves the stress, though he is rarely allowed into the inner circle of Mama and Junnie - TOGETHER! With a little fast thinking and talking, she is happily with Daddy now, going to buy milk. Take your time, you all! But, I don't anticipate it lasting too long. If he raises his eyebrows in the wrong order, tears and "Mama, up!"
Perhaps were are getting in a dose of Two-ness along with a little reverse culture shock, a little language shock (Junnie was speaking 99% English by the time we left the States), being tired with jet lag, oh, and a big canker sore in her little mouth - AGAIN! I am sure she is missing Grammy and Grandpa, too. However, every dog, since we have come back to Japan, is "Happy Dog". Big Happy Dogs and Little Happy Dogs. Happy Dog is alive and well in little Junnie's heart, though in reality she is in heaven.
So, I need lots more wisdom, patience, time, wisdom, patience, time, oh am I repeating myself???
On top of that, I made our New Year's cards - yet to be sent; am in the process of getting our new computer up and running - printer problems there, glad I did the New Year's cards on the old computer, and putting away Christmas things - the Christmas tree did not die! Guess I will water it for another year and see!
I look forward to getting back into our regular routine next week, but will miss seeing Ryu all day!

3 comments:
Yeah! You're back and back in the swing of things.
It looks like we'll both be keeping the postman busy off season- DH is still trying to print ours out- this is day three. I'm thinking it's a ploy to sell more printers, having printers throw hissyfits at New Year! ;P
Happy New Year and all the best for a wonderful 2009 for you all!
Poor Daddy, Poor Momma, Poor Jun! We miss you, too. I have been putting off washing the hand prints off the windows, and we look at the December pictures a lot. Sorry getting back home is such a pain, but we enjoyed your visit tremendously. I keep expecting to see a little face with dark eyes peering around the bathroom door and the voice asking, "What'cha doing Grammy?"
Oh jet lag! It is nothing more than a distant memory now, but 3 months ago it was pretty tough around here too. Waking at 4 am is no fun for anyone if you ask me! Hang in there as you get back in the swing of things. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment