I just had to report that one of the daffodil bulbs I planted two weeks ago has begun to poke its head above the ground! While all around the neighborhood daffodils are nearing their end...MINES (oh, that's Junnie ese for mine) is just getting started!
And, it looks like we will have some leaf lettuce for dinner tonight. It has grown to 6 leaves, so I will pick? cut? the two big outer ones. Wonder if there is a special way to pick/cut them? Hmmm...Heather???
No tomatoes or cucumbers doing anything yet...if the seeds are even still there?
Ryu bought some fertilizer the other day. Smells terrible, so maybe I will just mix it in the pots and find some radish seeds? Hmmm.
And, on kind of a gardening theme, I wonder if you can dry strawberries, and how to dry tomatoes? Anyone???

4 comments:
I just heard about sun drying tomatoes the other day....Apparently all it takes is splitting them lengthwise, salting them a bit and putting them out in the sun to dry. If it gets humid, or rainy bring them in (and overnight too). Alternatively you can use an oven at 200F for an hour or so. Once they're dried you can freeze them. I've not tried this myself, but it sounds easy enough :) Good luck!
Better late then never :)(regarding me and the daffodils)
I tried to comment on your Easter pics a couple of days ago but my connection failed when I pressed "publish your comment". Anyhow, I love the family pics and Jun is so adorable!!! Her dress is so cute.Having young children myself, i shouldn't be surprised but I was- Jun looks like a little girl! When I started reading your blog she was so tiny. She is growing into a smily lovely, little girl who seems to keep her very happy mommy on her toes.
You can dry strawberries. I've had them here and they are fabo! Haven't been able to find them lately though. I think they are imported from China, if I remember correctly.
Kim - I tried to comment on the Easter post and coudln't get it to work - must be my connection. I loved the photos. I think its the first I've seen of your husband.
Way to go with the gardening. I'm wondering if I can pull some gardening off in pots and such next year. I am about to get rid of my dehydrater....the movers cracked the base last time we moved and I've kept it...but moving to smaller space I'll just use a 200* oven for the next few years..... I'm not sure how things would dry in the sun in Japan with humidity? I know in CA my in laws dry things on screens in the sun all the time.
Post a Comment