Well, my new approach to life (this week, anyway), is to give up "my time" in the afternoons and take a nap with Jun. This allows me to be a kinder and better person in the evenings. So, when Jun doesn't fall asleep till 10 or so, I am a relatively nice person, still.
Speaking of naps, I know she is probably ready to give hers up, but...she is almost three. Whoever said the 2's were terrible and the 3's were terrific...well, I have a bone to pick with THEM! The writing is ALL OVER THE WALL about the next year of our lives! Seriously. Jun's 2ness came in one week spurts. Manageable, and in hind site, gentle squalls in life. This ALMOST 3ness, is a long lasting storm, and I think there is lots more to come! So a nap, helps a little. Maybe.
Speaking of fish - well, now we are, anyway. Jun told Sensei (our pastor who was babysitting) that she wanted to shake hands with a fish...He told her that was difficult, and she should talk to her Mother and Father about it. This was last week. She hasn't forgotten. Anyone know of any fish in Japan that would like to shake hands with an ALMOST 3 year old? Where did she get this idea, anyway?!?!?!
And, speaking of family. My Dad gets a pacemaker Friday. Should get his heart up to speed - literally. Ryu's Mom was hospitalized last night. The consensus of Ryu and his sister, is that she needs a break from her nearly 50 years of being married to the (fill in the blank) man. SMILE!
And, we are healthy and the radishes are coming up. If you have gardening advice, please check out my post a few days ago...HEATHER!!! And, have you heard of the tomatoes in the US you hang upside down?
So, if I don't post as erratically as regularly, I'm taking a nap! HAHAHAHA!

7 comments:
Afraid I can't help you with the fish thing, but the upside down tomato, is really nothing but a/any tomato with the top poked thru the bottom of a bucket, gallon milk jug, etc., (don't make the hole so big that the plant falls out!), then filled in with dirt and watered and hung. A friend in Lkv tried it a few years ago, but I never heard the results. Radishes already! My seed packet hasn't been opened yet! My onion sets are coming up like gang busters, but I fear that the beans and potatoes have rotted in the ground--way too much rain--so will need to be replanted. Mollie raised 2 corn plants at school and brought them over the other night, and we planted them in the garden. Keep it up! Remember that you come from a long line of gardeners!
Well, if you take her to Sea Paradise (Hakkejima, near Yokohama), she may get the chance to shake hands (fins?) with a dophin or beluga. It's one of our favorite things to do.
Not to be discouraging, but I have always wondered what the big deal was about "terrible two". Three was the difficult year with all of my kids so far. Now I have a strong willed two year old, and I'm wondering what in the world three is going to be like! Thankfully there is also lots of fun and cuteness at that age. I think God uses those challenges to make us run to Him for help, and show us our own sin. Not a pretty picture sometimes, is it?!
Two was pretty bad for tantrums here but three is looking a LOT better - we're really able to reason a lot more with the Bean now and he's cottoned on to the term "soon" - whereas he didn't understand it before. As in, we can't watch that DVD now, but maybe after lunch. And he'll ask, "Soon?" Yes! Then he'll go back to reading or playing or whatever, happier in the assurance that he will be able to do what he wants, even if it's not at the exact moment he would like it to be.
Happy napping!!!
I've heard the phrases "terrible 2's" and "threatening 3's". Of course OUR 3 children were neither. LOL
Now, strong willed, that was another matter!
I've heard the phrases "terrible 2's" and "threatening 3's". Of course OUR 3 children were neither. LOL
Now, strong willed, that was another matter!
LOL we've discovered 3 to be harder for us than 2 - with all the children.
Praying for your Dad...
Shaking hands with a fish...when Jared (15 now) was 3 he and a friend wanted to pet Josiah and Jamin's fish....like they'd seen in Pinocchio - they killed it.
I just wanted to also say I pray your father's surgery was a sucess.
Post a Comment