Friday, July 10, 2009

Ten Trip Tidbits

  1. Well, 1/2 of 10 plus one - Jun hugged 6 "new friends" in various airports on the way home. It is really fun to travel with a happy extrovert!

  2. LOTS of people own red cars in OR. My parents have 3 vehicles - all red.

  3. I was shocked at the number of back-yard pools I saw from the plane in Portland. Cold, rainy in the winter, Portland!

  4. "Airplane Gum" is a wonderful invention by moi! The initial reason was to keep the ears popped, but the additional benefit was...um...encouragement to stay in one's SEAT during take-off and landing - required by the smaller planes...and I mean small.

  5. Three airy planes and one 2-3 hour car trip in one "day" is too much travel for ME!

  6. Learned how to deal with fear and stress from Airplane Magazines. Hmmm - go figure!

  7. Camping is much more fun with a toddler. After the Town Toddler gets used to becoming a Country Toddler.

  8. Jun kissed a snake - a small boa. GROSS!!!

  9. A Toddler can live for 2 weeks on peanut butter and honey sandwiches and Cheerios with milk. (See above pic!)
  10. I miss my husband more and more each trip away from him. "Out of sight - out of mind," is changing into "distance makes the heart grow fonder." I think that is a good thing.


See Jun's blog for more trip stories and - hopefully pics!!! I KEEP telling her she needs to write things DOWN! HAHAHAH!

3 comments:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

I LOVE that piccie of Jun - so sweet!

It's hard to believe there are so many pools in Portland! :)

Glad you had a good trip and are back in J-town with your hubby.

Grandma said...

Jun ate more than PB&H! She also ate strawburries from Grandma's garden. She thought we should go out to check 2 or 3 times a day to see if any more had ripened. One time she picked a not very ripe one and showed it to me. "Is it ripe?" I asked. "No," she replied. I told her that it needed more sun to get red, and walked on. I looked back, and our little girl was holding it up high in the sun. I asked her what she was doing, and she told me that she was giving it more sun so it would turn red. The literal mind of a child!

Gina said...

Welcome home! I loved reading all the trip tidbits.

Bribery on planes work wonders Kim. I used to do that when my 2 were younger as well. : )

PB and honey sandwiches and also cheerios with milk, yumm! She's got great taste! : )

And I hear ya on missing the hubby while away. That's the one hard part isn't it.