Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Bells

Fall is officially here. The town bells rang at 4 pm this evening - telling kiddos it is time to go home from wherever they are. Or, at least that's what I tell Jun they are saying. Just yesterday they rang at 5 pm, and I think it was 6 this summer...maybe. I can't remember what we had for supper last night, so, don't quote me on that.

In other news, my camera isn't working. Hopefully the battery is just dead - it won't charge, so... In the same vein, against all husbandal and fatherly commands, I let Jun play with our "electric dictionary" today while I was doing some IMPORTANT blog reading. I hope someone can fix it. It is sitting with it's batteries out in order to allow it to...rest?

Last month was like Christmas all over again - except the yule log didn't have any lights on it yet. How blessed can one little family be??? Seriously! We got books (thanks A & S), we got tickets to go see Micky Mouse (thanks Hitomi-san), we got a Costco love box with NUTELLA and Spam as well as other goodies (thanks, Takako-san), Jun got a quilt made by her cousin, Rachel!!! We also went to the zoo. Did I post about that? Ah oh! Went somewhere to see flowers and stopped by a dear friend's cake shop! And saw her daughter's new cafe!!! Saw my friend A's new baby boy! And had a tickle fight with her older son! The list just goes on and on and on!

This month is already planned up. Highlights are expected to be the trip to see Micky, getting Jun's 7-5-3 pictures taken with her and I and MAYBE Obachan in kimonos Obachan dyed. Also perhaps a trip with some friends to the country. Surely that is all? We've about run out of weekends at that, I think!

Oh, I posted a bunch of recipes and books on the other two blogs. And, it seems as if Jun has started an interest in blogging again. I couldn't believe she only wrote TWO stories throughout the whole month of September! She hopes to write every day in November, so needs to get into practice. So, hop on over to check those blogs out if you have time to spare in the next couple of days.

So, you know we are alive, have been alive, and plan to stay that way for awhile! I now need to wake Jun up from her THREE HOUR nap - another long evening - and think of something to make for dinner. Hmmmm. Tomato Chutney (Thanks for the idea, Heather!) and...

No comments: