In an attempt to compensate for being the ONLY English influence other than DVD's and an occasional play date with English speaking friends and the grandfather at the park who thinks "change" is the English word we use to share things, I'm trying to take an extra step when I teach Jun something.
I also try to be as honest as possible. Like, "are lions friendly?" "Well, they are meat eaters, so...what do you think?" "And giraffes?" "Well, they are...non meat eaters...I REMEMBER...herbivores! And lions are carnivores!"
Jun: (With Cinderella on the brain.) Is the wicked stepmother a meat eater?
I nearly fell off the chair laughing. Then I stopped. Well, if she isn't a vegetarian...I guess she probably is. LOL!

3 comments:
Love it!!
And I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones who ask a simple question and get a lecture on road safety/ an explanation of gravity/ a discussion about compassion etc in return. Some day they can get together with Jun and role their eyes and sigh about their whacky mothers, hey?
This is incredibly funny and cute...and insightful. I love this age.
And you expect that little girl to fit right in with other kindergartners in a few years? How will the other kids feel when she calls them carnivores because they eat hot dogs?
Post a Comment