Monday, January 11, 2010

Hi! My Name is Kim...And I Have a Blog!

I think that "bloggers" fall into two or three categories.
  1. When THINGS are going on they post like crazy about whatever the THINGS are.
  2. or they post like crazy about EVERYTHING BUT whatever THINGS are going on.
  3. or, they are like me and, when THINGS are going on, find their little grey cells completely overwhelmed from lack of recent prior use, and thus find themselves unable to put a sentence together unless they are in bed at 11:30 with cold feet, waiting for a husband to come to bed to warm them and completely unable to sleep. THEN those bloggers COULD blog, but, of course the computer is not at hand.

So, yes, we have THINGS happening - mainly our move to the US! Aren't you happy to hear it is a good thing! That and I have finally "graduated" (as they say in Japan), from Jun's afternoon nap. So, I have LOTS less time to myself in the afternoons. And in the evening, happily enough, hubby is home! So...other than in the middle of the night, as I mentioned above, this poor blog has been neglected.

So, a catch up...hmmm. Let's start with this little story:

Jun was asked to turn Daddy's socks right side out. Her contribution to the laundry folding.

Jun: Look! I'm obeying my Mother!

Mother: (Happily and in a bit of shock) Yes, you are!

Jun: Because when I get big I'm going to get married and have a baby in my tummy.

Mother: (Working hard to make the connection...giving up...) Well, you just might!

Jun: (very pregnant pause) You not get married??

Mother: (More pregnant pause) Yes, Mama and Daddy got married a long time ago. (Thinking, thinking, thinking) Oh, because Mama couldn't have a baby in her tummy you thought we didn't get married?

Jun: Yes.

Mother: Well, honey some women have babies in their tummies and some women get babies through adoption like we got you. Either way, it is wonderful to have a baby, isn't it!

I guess I'll leave you with that tidbit for today!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Hark!! A new blogger on the block!!
Just wait until Little One goes to school. You'll learn many things. Well, we knew she was no dummie, but, "Oh my goodness sake"!

Unknown said...

Well I was just about ready to write you on fbook... where've you been?? But now I know. I'm glad to know all is well. I drove up the gorge on Friday-- and thought of you. So you'll be doing it soon. And I'll come to see you! :) Stay in touch!
LOVE Junnie's stories & thinking it thru. :)
Tam

Coffeegrljapan said...

Oh my goodness! What major changes! I can't wait to hear more (although I can certainly understand it might take you a while to get back to us!). Big, big doings!

Lovely story for Jun by the way :)

shinshu life said...

Yeah! So glad that this particular THING is finally back on track for you all.

Jun is such a clever cookie with the associations she makes.

And you know you are just going to HAVE to have a snow holiday up here before you all leave. If for nothing else I need help cooking my granola- it's still no match for yours!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Love Jun's insight. Praying for all that's going on.

Some of us blog like crazy because it helps us process all that's going on so we can sleep. ::snort::