My friend, De', commented that blogging actually HELPED her sleep better at night. Well, if it helps Jun sleep any better, then I'm all for it! Then I'll sleep better too! So, I'm posting!!!
Last week's theme was "Technology." Some friends and I spent time last week trying to get up to speed with Skype. One of my students wants to continue to take classes via Skype after I move to the US. However, neither of us are all that knowledgeable about computers or Skype! I can see I have a bit to learn if any of my other students want to continue!
The theme this week seems to be becoming "Going to Doctors Galore!" While we have the wonderful national health insurance that we, frankly, really really like, we are getting checked out from head to toe before moving to the US where the health insurance is...less than desirable for us.
Other than "Big Things," we are sorting stuff. Clothes to the recycle shop. Books to the library and friends. Furniture to a couple who may get married sometime this year. The dying Christmas Tree to a friend who has more than just green paint! I'm filling empty drawers with treasures we want to take to the US. As time gets closer, we will actually weigh said "treasures" and probably make a few more visits to the recycle shop. Oh, and how could I have forgotten the laundry basket and a half of shredded paper Jun and I made last week? I'm sure we will have LOTS more in the weeks to come, but...at least we are getting something done each and every day, it seems!
Maybe that is why I'm so very very tired?

4 comments:
And maybe this is why you don't sleep. All of this is incredibly stressful... give yourself some space. And give yourself a tylenol pm... every 3rd nite if you're not sleeping. really. just get some sleep.
looking forward to seeing you! T
I'm with Tammy- no longer a mystery as to why you're not sleeping! And you're doing all this with a wonderfully helpful and inquisitive assistant in tow, right? @_@
ganbarre!
Oh this brings back memories! The shredder....we shredded bags and bags and bags of paper. Stacia loved it. LOL
I can imagine how busy you must be and it makes me tired just thinking about it! You asked me about my husband's health insurance (when he was living and studying in the U.S. back in high school)...He had no additional insurance at the time, just what the Japanese government provided. So when hubby had to make a trip to the doctors and have some medical testing, it wasn't cheap and it took several years to get it all sorted out. His American host mother kept encouraging him to send the bills to the appropriate officials in Japan and he did. Eventually they suspect that the hospital just gave up and waived the fees.
Post a Comment