I suspect this will not be the only time I write about tears in the next few weeks/months. However, this morning, Jun and I took the cake. (Ahhh, if we had ONLY HAD cake! She did ask for pancakes, and Daddy has already washed the griddle to give away...so, we had toast. (not a source of tears. Nor nutrition, as she basically refused to eat it, but...on with the story!))
Daddy was throwing out the trash I had prepared the night before while trying to find the living room floor. Yes, I DID put Jun's thingamajopper in the trash, but didn't think she'd notice. And she didn't until Daddy started to put it in the BIG trash bag. Daddy said, "It's TRASH!" Jun burst out in tears, I tried to be sane. We retrieved that one "treasure" but then I started crying.
No matter how excited Jun is about taking the AIREEEEPLANE to Amereeeeka, this getting rid of things is starting to take its toll. As well as the days when her schedule is disrupted or she is over stimulated...or her Mama is too tired.
Well, Jun had stopped crying when I started and then SHE burst into tears again. Then she asked why I was crying. Which, was, of course, more or less because SHE had cried.
The morning went downhill from there for an hour or so.
Now Daddy and Jun are delivering some things to Ojii-chan and Obaa-chan's house. So...I'm throwing away EVERYONE's thingamajobbers and treasures! In bags that ARE NOT SEE-THROUGH!
And, currently? I'm NOT CRYING!

4 comments:
Oh Friend... hang in there. When I moved away nearly 4 years ago I cried A LOT. But I explained to my youth group girls that it wasn't a bad thing to cry. It meant that I had loved deeply. That is a good thing.
Love you!
Ohhhh moving.... ;_;
Meg cried before during and after our move here. After was the worst. The different room layout confused her and she kept crying that she couldn't find me/ the toilet/ her room. ;_;
Don't lose sight of the big picture and hope you haven't packed all your hankies, yet!
Moving is hard, but I always compensated by moving "to" not "from". I always found that it was harder be the one left behind, when a friend moved. However, I was not 3 years old, either. Give her lots of hugs, both of you try to get as much rest as possible, and cry when necessary! We love you, and are so excited about you getting on that aireeeplane, and coming to Amereeeka!
Oh, Kim, I feel your pain and exhaustion! I'm praying for you, your hubby, and Jun. Ganbare!
Post a Comment