I was all set to tell you about the HORRIBLE bicycle ride/walk I just FINALLY finished with Jun and opened up the computer to be reminded by so many kind folks - OK, 2 - that it was my - OK, our - anniversary!
Jun was a little disappointed that an anniversary wasn't like Halloween, where one got LOTS of candy. We told her it was more like a birthday. And, if you've read my posts about birthdays - they are pretty lame by most Americans' standards.
However, our anniversary will eventually be wonderful because some friends of ours gave us a gift certificate for a KOBE Beef dinner - all the works! Including dessert! Yep, that's what makes a meal for me! Oh, and babysitting!
Nine years ago today, at a small church in Oregon, on a sunny autumn day with all my family, in-laws and their kiddos in attendance and with most on the platform, I and I exchanged vows. Not a typo. I had asked Ryu to memorize his vows so he wouldn't have to repeat after the minister - knowing that that can be hard and long and painful to watch. So, instead, he didn't memorize his vows and ended up repeating his vows to ME! Model and Repeat! You can see my lips moving first in the video. The line I've KEPT modeling and repeating is, "all that I have I give to you," and then freely borrow whatever I want from his drawers, closet, etc. I do restrict my borrowing to apparel - mostly. Ahhh. Another reason to battle the "fall five" now! I hate to shop!
I'm thankful for a man who accepts me and knows me better than I know myself! And who does dishes, vacuums, folds laundry, puts Jun to bed, cleans the bathroom...etc. He's the best!

7 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Ohhh that vow story is so sweet! And what a guy! I hope you have a fabulous anniversary and many many more happy years together- what an adventure the first nine have been!
Kimmee!
Happy Anniversary to you and Ryu!
Your anniversary is on the 4th, right? Is your blog still posting the date/time as if you're still in Japan? :)
Love ya!
Happy Anniversary Kim and Ryu!!! And to many more wonderful years to come. Enjoy your special date you two. : )
Awwww, sah-weet! What a wonderful wedding-day story! I just have to smile when I think about how much we have in common--our 9th was this year, too. Happy Anniversary, you two lovebirds!
Ah - Happy Anniversary!
Thanks, everyone! Yes, it's the 4th. Is my blog still set to Japan time? Hmmmm. I'll have to find where to check that! I'll let you know how the Kobe Beef dinner is! I can't wait!
Settings -- Formatting tab -- Time zone!
Post a Comment