Saturday, April 30, 2011

More Junisms

Jun's Japanese is running away quickly! We need more Japanese friends to come and stay with us when we get our new house done.
Many people here comment on Jun's articulateness, but she still comes up with some "English" that causes me to stop and ponder!
The other day she said, in a rather firm voice, that she wanted to be "redded!" HUH? "Redded?" "YES!" Finally I figured out that she wanted to be "Redded" to! She wanted me to read her a book!
Then another day she suddenly said, "I HATE my right!" I said, "HUH?" "YES! I HATE my RIGHT!" I said, "HUH?" Finally, in desperation, she said it in Japanese. It has been a long long time since she's done this, so I was quite happy about it. "I hate my 'kaki kaki"! OHHHHH! She hates her writing. It is too big and sloppy and not even like Mama's. I told her I'd been writing approximately 40+ years longer than she had so far and that she was sure to improve with practice. Unfortunately the practice part wasn't very appealing to her! LOL!
Someday I will post about the new house that is taking our every waking minute and every sleeping thought. It is taking a bit of work to get it ready to move into. Currently we've torn out everything that needs torn out - including the kitchen and bathroom, and are starting to put things back together. We have one more month to get into it! YIKES!

1 comment:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

No WONDER you haven't been posting much--I must have my head in the Seattle sand and didn't realize you were doing VAST home improvement. I guess I thought you had already moved in. You guys are amazing! I'd love to hear more when you have time...no pressure to post! Just take a moment to breathe every once in a while, and thanks for sharing the latest Junisms--I loved it.