We had dinner out last night at Subway's in the truck stop near our house. Jun was sitting next to me at the table and suddenly said, "God is L-I-G-H-T." "Hmmm," I thought. "We went to church today, but not Sunday School, so... accurate as it is, where did this insight come from?" Then I thought, "She's a good reader, but where and when did she learn to spell a word like LIGHT? At kindergarten, they are still working on 'a says aaa, ant on an apple.'" Then Jun pipes up, "God is a bud." "God is a bud?" I asked, thinking she'd gotten a letter or sound mixed up and ended up with 'bud.' "Yes," Jun said,"God is the vine and we are the leaves." "Well, we DID talk about SOMETHING close to that the other day, and I guess leaves do bud out too." Then I looked at the wall in front of Jun, and all Godly thoughts fled. Next to the drink cooler was a floor to ceiling sign of a bottle of...Bud Light. I'm still laughing inside!

3 comments:
And now I'm laughing, too! :)
So funny! : )
Hilarious! I love it.
Post a Comment