Well, another first as a parent. Ordering school pictures! Choices upon choices! Well, perhaps it won't be as overwhelming next year as this, but, I was taken by surprise. I must say that the only professional photos we've had of Jun (other than her 3 year kimono pics taken by a friend) were passport pictures! LOL! So, we were clueless!
First we had to choose a background! Any color, design, etc. WOW! We chose purple as it looks like it will go nicely with her hair and pink dress. We'll see. Then we needed to choose a border. We chose one with 2011 in the corner as Jun's parents are aging rapidly and can't remember ANYTHING! So, Jun will always know when her pic was taken! LOL! As an added precaution against absentmindedness, we also got her name printed on the corner of the wallet sized pictures.
Speaking of picture sizes, they now have "exchange" pictures. I realize that parents in the US know all about this sort of thing - I guess, but perhaps expat moms will NEED TO KNOW! Anyway, my brother said that these are even smaller than wallets and are for kids to give to each other! The package we got that had enough pics for relatives had a ton of exchange pictures in it. I guess I'll let her give them to all the people at church that always make over her! LOL!
And Jun's picture day experience? The highlight? "MAMA! THEY GAVE ME A LITTLE BLACK COMB! THEY SAID I COULD TAKE IT HOME AND COMB MY DOLL'S HAIR WITH IT!!!" Truly a satisfied customer! LOL!
Now we just have to wait to see if she smiled and...allowed her GUMS to show!

1 comment:
Your brother's right Kim. I used to exchange school pics with my friends too.
And all those backgrounds. My cousins kids sent me the pics from last year and one chose a background with stars. : )
My parents usually always chose the medium package. The one with one 8x10 (the big one that sat on our piano in the front room) and four 5x7's (two were always sent to my 2 grandma's. : ) And then the wallet sizes then the mini mini's. : )
It's fun to take school pics. : ) And did you get the little note beforehand that said...don't wear white the day of picture day? Ha ha ha. I remember all that fun stuff. : )
I bet Jun's pictures came out very good!
Post a Comment