Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ryu's Business

Ryu has started his own business!  He makes leather goods!  He has always loved leather.  He has more leather bags, wallets, boots and jackets than even I could imagine!  And now he makes them himself!  Well, he's made a vest anyway.  No jackets yet!  He has customers here in the US as well as in Japan.  He just made his first "wholesale" sale to a customer in Japan!  I manage the business side and he makes the beautiful items.  I also get consulted on design, what leather to use, what color of thread to use, and what process we should use to build the item.  I'm also the photographer.  For better or worse!  Many of his items are complete custom order.  Meaning that we start by talking in detail with the customer.  Then we make a pattern, build a prototype, and then produce the item.  Such fun!  He said the other day, "It doesn't feel like work.  It is just fun."  For anyone with a relative in the Japanese business system...you know what he means!

Please stop by his blog:  R. I. Leather!

No comments: