We live on the fourth floor of our apartment building. No elevator, so lots of stairs. When I first started carrying my baby in the sling up and down the stairs, I was always worried because I couldn't see my feet. I'd grip the hand rail with one hand and her in the sling with the other. I'd freak when my husband would just saunter down the stairs holding her. BE CAREFUL!!! Well, she is 15 months old now - nearly - and I find myself doing the sauntering.
This morning I went out with her, sling-less, on one hip, the folded up stroller in the other hand, trying to shuffle my sandals on while going down the stairs. Suddenly, a few steps from the landing, I tripped over my sandal, dropped the stroller, grabbed the hand rail and ended up standing on the landing with one shoe off, one slightly twisted foot, one baby safe on my hip and saying over and over "Thank you, thank you, Jesus!"

No comments:
Post a Comment