Sunday, November 18, 2007

Come Again?!?

Jun talks a mile a minute now days. We understand about 5 percent of it, but... When she first started making sounds, I hung on her every utterance.

One day she said "ba". A few seconds later she said, "ka". I fell off the sofa in shock.

This evening, many many months later, Jun was talking in the kitchen and said "baka". Daddy got this horrified look on his face. I assured him many times that she had NO idea what she was saying, that she had not heard this word before and was not copying it, and that she just puts sounds together sometimes and this is what we got this evening, "baka".

"Baka" means stupid in Japanese.

Thanksgiving: Jun's fever has gone down and she is quite the perky little cold virus carrier. I finally got her to take a nap, and we are hoping and praying for more sleep tonight before we all turn into pumpkins.

No comments: