When I was "yet but a child", I was often accused of being a hypochondriac. However, I didn't make up illnesses, just mentioned them when they came up. You could say I am/was a complainer, but I choose to say that I am just a very honest person! HA!
Well, these past two plus weeks I have felt many many different crummies. And I am getting tired of them. The current one seems to be either a pulled muscle(s) or stomach troubles or both. However, this current one comes with a bonus! A fever! Now, fevers make you feel really really awful, but they are also outside evidence that you can show to others - OK, your husband - to prove that you really ARE ill.
My hubby is a kind guy, so when I sat on the kitchen floor and cried last night, he came and held me. I felt a little like Jun. You know, if you cry, they come. But, it felt good. I still felt crummy, though.
I called my Mom this morning to get some sympathy. Ryu had to work today, though it is a national holiday. My Mom ended the conversation by asking, "Do you have a good book?" My mouth fell open in shock. "Mom," I said, "I have a two year old!" She said, "Oh, yeah."

5 comments:
Hope you're feeling better- or at least getting some sympathy for not feeling better! :)
A good book and put your feet up, yeah? ;)
Maybe you can teach Junnie to be a nurse! Kids LOVE to do that. And if you begin now, she will be attentive and caring for all your various illnesses. (seriously.) And you can teach her things like, "Quietness heals me" or "Giving me backrubs heal me" or whatever your little heart desires! God gave you a baby girl... now take advantage! Will pray for you, too!
thefukases - Thanks so much! I so so need a good book! Nearly out of the ones I brought back this summer.
Tammy - thanks! The other day Jun wasn't sleeping. I asked if she had a tummy ache. She said yes. I asked where. She pointed to a spot above her belly button. She needed me to put some muhi (bug bite lotion) on it for her. Alrighty then! Perhaps I'm rasing a hypochondriac?
I hope you are feeling better soon. : )
Kim- do you know bookmooch? www.bookmooch.com You list books you are ready to part with and each one you send on is a book you can have someone send you. I'm on there as fukahef if you like chicklit!
Post a Comment