Well, as well as making up words in Japanese or English, I also like to re-lyricize songs. In fact, I am afraid that Jun won't know the true words to many traditional songs. For example, her lullaby was re-lyricized to Edelweiss. Imagine her surprise at hearing the real words to HER song someday! LOL!
I have a Toddler's English Class Christmas Party coming up the first week of December. Why oh why do I do this to myself? Ryu and I are SO not party people. But, Jun is. So...this is our Christmas Party for the year, I hope!
I wanted to teach the kiddies (and Mamas) some Christmas songs that were learnable. I took my cue from Super Simple Songs, and re-wrote the following songs (please use if you want!):
O' Christmas Tree
O' Christmas tree,
O' Christmas tree,
How green are your branches
O' Christmas tree,
O' Christmas tree,
How green are your branches
Your balls are red,
Your chain is white,
Your star is gold,
Your lights are bright.
O' Christmas tree,
O' Christmas tree,
How green are your branches
(I got a 210 yen Christmas tree at the 100 yen store. Will decorate it according to the song. SMILE.)
Jingle Bells
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
(Kiddies will be shaking bells Jun and I put in empty "bubbles" bottles from the 100 yen store.)
This next song is one Jun and I have been doing all year. To the tune of Silent Night:
No Room
(knock, knock, knock) No room (6 times)
Only a stable for Baby,
Baby Jesus.

3 comments:
How creative! I like that!
I love Christmas time and it is made so much better when kids are around to enjoy in the festivities.
I love the new words to your songs, especially O Christmas Tree. I have bookmarked them for the future.
Last Christmas (it seems like just yesterday!) we taught our kindy kids I saw mummy kissing santa clause and it was a hit- perhaps you could teach Jun!
Glad to see you are getting into the family spirit- I really look forward to meeting you one day!
Well, Jingle Bells was a hit today! I didn't have time for O' Christmas tree. Need to make a chain and find the little lights before next class!
Post a Comment