Today is the US's Thanksgiving. At least it is today, here in Japan. I haven't been part of a Thanksgiving celebration since my hubby forbade me from ever cooking turkey after 1/2 the Thanksgiving party goers got a mild form of food poisoning. The kind that hits a couple of days later, so you really aren't 100% sure it was your fault, but...THAT many people don't catch colds simultaneously!
I wonder if my family remembers the Thanksgiving I didn't even COOK the turkey. We all sat down to dinner, I pulled the turkey out of the oven. Stone cold. Raw. I have a wonderful family. We had THAT dinner a few hours later.
So, today is a regular day for us. Cold and rainy. Jun and I taught English this morning. Well, she spoke LOTS more Japanese than English, but, maybe I did too!? LOL!
But, I didn't want to forget to share my THANKFUL feeling this week.
Monday night, our friend, Tammy was here, so Jun and Ryu and I were all in the "big" bed. The "big" bed isn't big. It is a simple old double. Great for two, when one doesn't move around much. But, be that as it may, I was laying squashed between a sleeping Ryu on one side, and a sleeping Jun in the crook of my arm on the other. I was too excited and wound up to sleep, but lay there, feeling such a fullness and contentedness in my heart. God has given me two wonderful gifts that I value and treasure and love a whole lot!
Thus the title, Jesus, Thank you so so much!!!

2 comments:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a "non-celebrator." I think my husband doesn't mind but he'd rarely think of celebrating if I didn't initiate. And since we're from different faiths and backgrounds I know that's a factor too.... Still, I'm DETERMINED to celebrate Christmas this year in one way or another despite the unfamiliar territory and the fact that we're not in our own house won't stop me. My in-laws will probably be accommodating if I make my desires known ;)
Happy Thanksgiving!!! : )
Post a Comment