Thursday, November 27, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle Christmas Tree

The day after Thanksgiving we like to decorate for Christmas. However, as Jun and I will be gone for Christmas, this year, I strung some lights haphazardly around our dying Christmas tree...er Yule Log, and pretty much called it good.

But, Jun and I love to go around town and look at Christmas trees. Yuzawaya - a big craft store - has a great display of Christmas trees on their fourth floor. Even REINDEER! Mama! all lit up and moving! So, we go up and enjoy their decorations.

The other day we were parked in the stroller in front of some twinkling Christmas trees when Jun started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She got part way through, and the lyrics were getting creative very quickly. She suddenly stopped and said, "chotto chigau, ne!" (That's not quite right, is it!?)

Well, that gave me the idea to relyricize Twinkle Twinkle, and here is the result. This might work great for Toddler's Classes too.

Twinkle Twinkle Christmas Tree
Twinkle, twinkle, Christmas tree
Twinkle, twinkle, happily.
Green, red, pink, and blue
purple, white, and yellow too
Twinkle, twinkle, Christmas tree
Twinkle, twinkle, happily.

Happy shopping for my US friends, and for those of us freezing in Japan, it is supposed to be sunny in Kanto tomorrow!!! YEAH! Well, gotta go help Jun with her puzzle. It is driving her nuts!

1 comment:

Coffeegrljapan said...

What fun! I love your little tune - very sweet and super catchy :)