I am thinking... I just finished the book, Pollyanna. A sunny sunny day helps when trying to think of things to be glad about. Like, I bought wipes yesterday before ...um...they became TOTALLY necessary. You know, those kind of "glad" things.
I am thankful for... For a little girl who makes others smile. She tires me out often, but just today at church, she came out of the restroom and announced to everyone that Jun-chan shishi shita! (Junnie used the potty!) Then demanded kisses from the pastor and an "Auntie" before we could go home.
From the kitchen... I hear a great big echo of silence. Payday and grocery shopping are on tomorrow's list of FUN things to do. I do like the monthly days of poverty. Helps make me more creative, which is fun, and sometimes yields great results. Sometimes.
I am wearing... What a sad sad thing to write about. My jeans, though kind of new, I think, are falling off me. My grey knit button shirt is a hand-me-down that was great till I washed it in my Japanese washing machine, without a laundry net, and stretched the heck out of it. I looked at the tag from my T-shirt when I got dressed this morning and wondered where in the world I got it. And, wearing anklet socks today was just a little too optimistic. My shins are freezing. (Just a question: anybody else have "Park Mamas" showing up in tweed shorts, or SHORT SHORTS and knee high boots? Makes me feel even dowdier!)
I am creating... an afghan/quilt kinda blanket for Junnie. (See the sidebar, if you are new to this project!) I have a Kitty-chan "real" quilt in pieces which are now strewn all over the house because said child found them and they are soft and SQUARE and PINK, and I don't know if I will be able to finish that quilt till I go through every drawer in the house and find the missing pieces. I had JUST enough!
I am going... to get Jun's whiteboard and markers out after her nap. She got them months and months ago, and they were immediately banned in favor of crayons and the backs of old calendars. However, at church today, she DREW A FACE! And I had no camera to take a picture! Really! A head, two eyes, two ears, a mouth and nose! I was soooo impressed! Is it Oyabaka or Bakaoya? I think I am both!
I am reading... NOTHING!!! ARGH! I just finished Pollyanna, and, as I'm going to the States in a couple of weeks, will wait till then to get a NEW BOOK! I did find "An American Childhood" by Anne Dillard on my "books to keep" shelf, and I can't remember a thing about the story, so I think I'll get that back out. I may also re-read "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands", by Dr. Laura Schlesenger. I think my hubby may be feeling a bit hungry lately.
I am hoping... that life, in the long run, is more of a steady walk, and not a steep climb with lots of turns and curves. A gal can hope, can't she?
I am hearing... Ladies chatting in those high pitched, un-natural, polite voices as they walk along the street. Oh, and an airplane is passing over. Of course, it is going to America to see Grandpa and Grammy. Even JUN knows THAT!
Around the house... Well, the laundry is hanging out, the geraniums are blooming quite nicely, as they don't require as much water, and I have, unusually, been remembering to give them some!. Oh, and a dying fast Christmas Tree. (Thanks, Heather. Perhaps hereafter I will refer to it as Yule Log, at your suggestion!)
One of my favorite things... ONE? Hmmm. My Junnie!
A few plans for the rest of the week... Continue to do an hour of housekeeping each morning. A REAL step here, folks! Go grocery shopping, see above. WORK! I have seven classes in the next three days. An unusually busy week for me. I am trying to not think about it, but, I should do a bit more prep for that FUN FUN Toddler's English Class!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Here are the people I`m tagging... I'm going for a world tour here! Lulu in Australia, Amy in Africa, Carrie in Kansas or wherever you are now, Tammy in Ukraine, Abigail in Kansai

4 comments:
Very cute picture!
Yeah I like that picture too! Very very cute! : )
She is such a doll Kim. Do you need hand me downs? I have a room full of clothes 80-95 cm if that would fit Jun.
I really liked your answers to this meme, a lot resonated with me- especially the challenge of cooking with nothing in the fridge. I really do get a kick out of that. :)
And believe me you may well be an oyabaka (besotted parent) but you are certainly not a bakaoya (stupid parent). :)
That picture is so cute- she is becoming such a little lady!!!
Thanks for the tag- it is the second or third tag for this meme for me so I guess I better get cracking!!!!
Post a Comment