Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Left the House and Lost My Sole

NO! Not my heart soul. My shoe sole! Yep! Down $80 for a new pair of boots. NO shoe selection in this town. But, they did tell me the next day would be 20% discount day, so I hobbled for a day and went back this morning to get them.

Then I went to the recycle clothing shop and picked up 1/2 a grocery sack of things for Jun - like new - for 50 cents total, and a bunch of books for her for a dollar. Then I felt better.

Oh, and the computer came today. Only in small town America would you come home - on a COLD day, I would like to add, to find the box with your new $1,000 lap top sitting on the front porch by the door. Alrighty then! I'm afraid to see if it works or not.

Really, it is getting expensive stepping out the front door.

2 comments:

shinshu life said...

Bad luck on the shoes, huh?

But I really really miss second hand shops!

And you get mail delivery? That's not small town- my parents have to pick theirs up from the post office!

Oh and my computer spends nights at below freezing temperatures in the living room and lives to tell the tale. :)

Kim said...

the fukases: I was interested in your stories about ugg boots. Thought they were Aussie boots. Saw them on a girl in Lawsons in Japan. Asked my SIL about them. All the rage here too. $130. Who knew!

I want to hear more stories about your parents' small town!!!

Last, but not least, is your computer a laptop/notebook or a desktop?