Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thanks! And, Progress?


Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. After another day...that was not happy, and ended up being napless, Jun and I went to bed and...eventually she fell asleep a little after eight last night. Earlier than usual, but on a napless day, every minute helps. She slept till 7:30 this morning, instead of having to be dragged out of bed at 9:00. I've felt like I had a teenager in the house the past few days. Not that I minded mornings to myself, but...I do like to sleep at night!

This afternoon, after nap time (she slept 1+ hours), Jun and I made this poster. Can you see it? The picture is off my cell phone.

  1. Brush teeth at 7:00
  2. Go potty
  3. Change into pajamas
  4. Have a drink of water
  5. Clean our noses (she's had a cold)
  6. Find Kitty-chan and pink blankie
  7. Go to the bed (futon)
  8. Read some books and a Bible story
  9. Pray with Mama and Daddy
  10. Play Jump around the Circle with Daddy
  11. Lay down in bed
  12. Get kisses
  13. Lights out and go to sleep at 7:45

As I write, she is on the drink of water with Daddy. Any prayers that she goes to sleep by 8:30?





So

6 comments:

Sue said...

Well, it's almost 11 o'clock now, so I hope she is asleep! I just wanted to say that she looks like a little doll. Her eyes are so beautiful!

The growing out of a nap stage can be so hard, can't it? Two of mine took naps longer, and grew out of them gradually. They would take one every other day, or every few days, then be up until 11 at night on that day. My youngest is now 26 months, and pretty much stopped cold turkey recently -- just like his big sister did, and at just about the same age. If we happen to be in the car in the late afternoon he sometimes falls asleep, but he almost never naps anymore. It makes me a little sad. I used to really enjoy cuddling with him at nap time!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

The poster is cute and will surely help Jun establish a routine. I think I'll do the same...make ME accountable to a routine...that seems to be key around here.

I've found that young ones are so aware of change in the air...praying for Ryu as he begins a new job....and for all of you as you work to get the sleep you need.

Grandma said...

Just wondering if the "Jump around the circle with Daddy" shouldn't be moved up a bit.

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Looks like a good, organized plan! Creative! :)

Sue said...

Kim, thanks for your encouraging comment! I wish I could be just as encouraging, but if Jun is anything like my daughter was, your nap days may be nearing an end. I found that after a few nights of my toddler not being able to go to sleep at night after having napped I was ready to do away with them anyway. I wanted to wear the kid out, and let her/him conk out at a reasonable time, like 7 or 8 o'clock!

I always loved the idea of a "quiet hour" (or two!) even after naps stop. You know, the child doesn't have to sleep, but has to stay on their bed and queitly read or something. The problem was that our kids never had a bed at that age, and I just wasn't good an enforcing the idea. We do try to have some down time after lunch, but it's never all that quiet!

Coffeegrljapan said...

This sounds like a great idea! What a cute poster. Let us know how it went!