This spring I was lamenting the changes in Jun's sleep schedule. Afternoon naps made for VERY late bed times which made for a very grumpy Mama. However, I knew we had a trip to the US coming up in June, and also knew naps are very good for kiddos and jet lag - so, decided to quit naps AFTER we got back and got recovered from our trip. The thing is...in the US, AND, after we got back to Japan - Jun took stellar naps and went right to sleep each night! I was SHOCKED! And very very happy! Wow!
As is usual, just when I recognized a wonderful thing, felt the awe of it and the grace surrounding it...just as I began to rejoice - things changed!
Naps are pretty good, but bedtime is getting later and later and later. Not the "turn off the lights" time - but the close your eyes and MOUTH and SLEEP time. The last few nights I have been telling her to "HUSH! Mama is trying to sleep!" Something is wrong with this picture!
So, I guess I will just have to take another trip to the US pronto!
HAHAHA! Just kidding! But...you should have seen Ryu's face when I made that comment this morning! Precious!

5 comments:
Life with kids is constantly changing, isn't it? I always marveled at that when my olders were babies. Now that they are growing older it's more subtle, but still ever changing.
Saying goodbye to nap time is a very hard hurdle indeed, but it may be coming soon, it seems. Poor Mommy!
If you want to hang on to it a bit longer there's nothing for except making sure she gets lots and lots of physical exercise. At least that's been my experience. I would feel more sympathetic for you, except that my youngest, who is younger than Jun (as you know), has already been all finished with the nap thing for several months now! It was hard at first, but I think I'm used to it now. Almost ;-).
Come ahead, and bring Ryu with you! Her good sleeping here in the US could have been because she had so many folks to keep up with. We probably wore the little girl out. The strawberries are done, but the raspberries are ripe. I'm sure she would like to pick them!
Ohhh the nap thing...... and if you send her to kinder/ preschool in Japan you get the enforced nap of 1 1/2 hours (hoikuen) or the zero nap policy (yochien) When I worked at a kinder one of my jobs was riding the bus to stop the kids who fell asleep from falling out of their seats!
Amy spends her sleepless nights singing to herself. We've come to an agreement- as long as it's soft enough to not wake anyone I won't tell her to be quiet constantly.
Oh, yes, I feel your pain! Matthew had stopped taking naps for a few days but now he's enjoying it again on an air mattress and a fluffy futon in a different room, away from his brother. He thinks it's fun and special and something just for him, so he relaxes more and I get to, too! Phew! Not sure how long it will last, but enjoying the moments now.
You *know* I feel you on this one! We just had 4 or 5 consecutive nights of wakey-wakey time from 1am - 3 or 3:30 am. Then suddenly last night it was back to more of sleep through the night. I feel so fortunate when this happens!! And I am so jealous of my younger sister who just had her first baby and he already sleeps for 5+ hours at a time at night and easily naps for 2+ hours every time he naps during the day (multiple naps!) and doesn't need someone to hold him while he sleeps....I love her and am so happy for her, but I am most certainly envious! I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up on blog reading. Also, I will still check on the health insurance question although it was so long ago, I'm not sure Hiroki will remember any details....
Post a Comment