The "things" of last week are nearly over - Dr.'s visits, I mean. Jun got her last shot today and didn't cry again! Ryu will be done with the dentist after only ONE more visit! He usually takes...many visits to finish. I'm healthy, happy, and hopefully a bit wise.
About five people want to study English with me via Skype, so far. Once we move to the US. That will be lots of fun to see their faces and hear their voices each week!
After running at full hilt for a week, I was feeling the stress. However, today I ended up living at Jun's pace.
I got her up early and we left in time to amble slowly to the train station. There we rode 3 crowded - read rush hour crowded, how do they fit so many people in a train? - crowded trains. So, I held all 13.8 kilos of her. I haven't done that for awhile. My arms feel like spaghetti. However, I remembered all the wonderful times I had her in my sling and we could talk face to face. Jun and I were the ONLY ones talking on the trains. And it was wonderful! Her sweet smile and voice so excited on a train that really everyone wishes they weren't on. Good Morning, Japan!
Then we had time for a muffin before catching the bus to the Dr.'s Where we read books about bears and pigs and relaxed between visits with doctors and needles. Then we caught another bus for a leisurely tour to Shinjuku - city bus, but I love buses to see the "downtown streets" in the Tokyo area. Then we took a fast train where I "upped" Jun again so she could watch the driver and we could chat and guess what each button and lever were for.
We had one of those relaxing visits at a friends' that comes too seldom. One where, even though your kiddo doesn't eat what is put before them and nearly breaks the TV remote - teaching the owner what THAT button means - and strews marbles all over the floor that thankfully no one fell over...etc... your friends don't mind! What a relief! Thanks, Friends!!!!!
Then a trip home with an obento (lunch) big enough to feed us for dinner.
I hope I can clean the house, do the laundry, go to the park, teach a class, etc. tomorrow at Jun's pace again. It seems to be much healthier of a pace than the one I am apt to choose.

3 comments:
You are such an inspiring mum, Kim. I'm sure Jun loved a day at her pace!
That Jun is no dummy!! If there were flowers blooming, I'll bet she would have stopped and had you smell them, too. Oh to live the pace of a 3 1/2 year old. So much we can learn from them!
Great post, Kim. Mike and kidlets are in bed...and I can't sleep this early...time to finally catch up on blog reading....it will come in spurts until April when I'll have lots of quiet hours at night to read blogs.... ::sigh::
Had a great time with you and Jun this weekend...though I'm not sure I could survive at Jun's pace....I think she and Stacia had the hyperdrive button pushed. ::snort::
Post a Comment