My Dad is of the older school. If he doesn't know a woman's name at a store or something, he wants to be nice, and calls her "honey." Or, he used to. One day he was out with Jun and did this. Jun pipes up, "Why did you call her "honey" Grandpa? She's NOT your honey! I AM!"
A couple of days ago was a kind of bad day. It seemed like everyone got injured working on the new house. I was carrying barefooted Jun home from the neighbors. It had been raining. Suddenly there was concrete under the mud I was walking on - I'd forgotten - and I started doing the splits. Jun hung on around my waist with her legs and we were both going down. I didn't want to fall on top of her, so "dropped" her the last few inches onto the mud and caught myself at the last minute. Later as we were going to bed she pipes up, "Mama, what does 'dang it' mean?" "Oh," I said, "That's just a short way of saying 'oh my goodness sakes alive! It's for adults to use!" LOL!
(More house stories to come!)

2 comments:
I guess if you're falling and about to drop your child, it could've been worse than "dang it"! :)
She's one smart cookie.
That fall sounds scary. I'm glad it wasn't worse then it was.
PS, I love when anyone from the older school calls me "honey" I don't know what it is. But I just really like hearing that. : )
Post a Comment