- We need to pack up this house. So, you ask, why am I wasting time writing a post. Good question. I'm a practiced procrastinator.
- We need electricity to the cooking stove in the new house - Go Dad, Go!
- We need to finish some of the walls in the bathroom and put the cabinets up in the kitchen so...
- the plumber can come finish putting the sinks in.
- We will finish the floor in only the "master" bedroom this week, and move in there.
- Then we will put the rest of our stuff in a storage shed.
- Then we will clean up this house.
- Then we will take Ryu to the airport for his 2 week trip to Japan. Someone (me) made him a ticket reservation with a departure time of 5:30 am. Roads should be clear, at least!
- Then Jun and I will commute to our church in this town to attend Vacation Bible School.
- My Mom and Dad will go home and mow their own lawn, look out their own windows (which are clean), sit on their own chairs, eat their own food, and REST!
- Jun and I will camp for a week or so in the new house and REST!
- Oh, and I'm on church bulletin duty this summer. Obviously something I committed to before knowing we were going to be MOVING and going crazy. Oh well!
- Aaaaand, I have an interview at the local Community College for an ESL class this summer. We'll see!
So, anyway, that is The Plan. I so so hope it works out! I'm looking forward to the REST!

5 comments:
i missed that you were moving! (reading comprehension issues, i have them!) good luck with the move! being busy can also help the procrastinator take a back seat. ;)
Oh my! May I suggest you add a couple of cups of tea/ coffee and a nap to your plan? I need a coffee refill just reading it! It will be so exciting to actually be in your own house though. We did the camping while renovating thing while Meg was 1 and I was pregnant so hoping yours is a LOT more restful than that was!
It sounds like you and yours will be extremely busy this week. But the bright side is, you will be reaping the reward when you are done and enjoying that beautiful new home. And heck, camping out in a room for a while sounds like an adventure. I love it. I've done that before myself. ; )
The getting Ryu to the airport before his 5:30am flight. Wow I am so not a morning person. That's going to be tough. But he'll be happy to go for a bit and happy to return to you and Jun in the 2 weeks.
You know Kim. Our house rental before this house. We painted the kitchen, the sink room and the genkan. Basically the entire downstairs except the green sandy walled room (our living room at the time) we painted so many coats. It dried, so we did it again and again and again. The expense of it all. The physical exhaustion we felt at the end of each day. We didn't even feel like cooking after working so hard, so we would pick up something after working on the house. I have vivid memories of that. Heck, I even remember in high school, helping paint our family home. Getting all the external of the house done and taped off. It was really hard work. Worth it in the end. But man, really stressful at times. Anyway....I just wanted to say I understand. And I know you all are working so very hard. I'm still cheering all of you on from here in Chiba. And your parents sound like angels helping so much. They will deserve a much needed rest when they're done helping and enjoy going back home for a bit I am sure. : )
Whoa, Mama! Blessings on the moving, cleaning, etc., and all the rest...
Kim- LOVE a new place... HATE the work getting into it! LOVE that you get to live in your own house... HATE that it is so much work for you all. LOVE that your parents can come help... HATE that I'm far and can't come, too!
You've got a plan... Now, just check things off the list AS they get done- maybe not in the order you wanted them, but it's just important they get done - sometime! Enjoy the summer! Take time to swim with Junnie! Eat strawberries and cream and lots of ice cream! (It's a remedy for the procrastination sickness, I've been told!) :) Hugs to all!
PS- Just got a note from MAchida- YAEKO sensei wants to come to Ukraine for a couple of weeks this fall! Can you imagine?! What FUN!
Post a Comment