Or, I should say, the "no nap wagon." Last week, after a 3 hour nap, Jun was up till around 11pm. In bed, but...awake. So, I determined to CUT THE NAP! Luckily the next day we had an afternoon outing planned, so, Jun stayed awake, had an early dinner and was asleep by 7:30 - a very nice time to go to bed, I thought. So, the next day I worked hard to keep her awake all afternoon again. She was much happier than the day before, and went down well. "YEAH," I thought, "This is going to work!" I kept up the good fight through Sunday. Jun went to bed quickly and slept well. She woke up happy in the mornings, and life was grand.
Except for me. I'm used to going to bed with Jun at 8:30. Whether she falls asleep or not, I DO! I like my sleep. When Jun goes to bed early, I stay up so I can have some time for MYSELF. Way way too late. (My way way too late is 10 or 11 pm.) I've been walking around in a fog all week. I'm exhausted.
So, as I was going to be gone yesterday, I suggested Jun and Daddy take a nap. She slept for 1 1/2 hours and went to bed nicely at 8:30. Then came today. We both fell asleep at 12:30. She just woke up. It's 3:45. Another 11 pm night, I think, but I feel much much better! Guess we are back to nap times for a little longer! As MY mom used to say, "Go to sleep, Mama's tired!"

2 comments:
Ohhh this brings back memories! I remember when Amy stopped napping- I was the one grumpy in the evenings- I need my nap!
Good luck finding a new system that works for you both!
I feel your tired pain! We tried the no-nap business for about 4 or 5 days and I was zonked - then M started taking naps again on the air bed instead of his regular bed (he thinks it's fun and now sleeps on the air bed at night, too), and I'm much happier. I love your mom's catchphrase!
Post a Comment